For Central Texans, air conditioners play a critical role in keeping indoor temperatures comfortable during the long, hot summers in Austin. During these summer months, AC units often run almost constantly – putting a significant amount of pressure on units to perform.
An annual AC Check-Up and inspection helps keep your air conditioning unit running smoothly and efficiently during critical summer months to ensure it doesn’t break down. Regular maintenance also extends the life of your unit.
Neglecting the regular maintenance of your AC unit in the home or office will result in a steady decline in its performance which increases the chances of unexpected repairs and replacements and leads to higher utility bills because of an increase in energy consumption.
To keep your AC unit in “summer-ready shape”, getting an Annual AC Maintenance Check-up is an important step. Here are 5 specific benefits and value:
- Reduce unexpected breakdowns – Annual AC check-ups monitor the overall health of your unit to ensure it is in proper working order by checking and inspecting the unit thoroughly. Our technicians check the coils and the refrigerants, the oil in the unit, the accuracy of the thermostat, the electric control sequence, and the other critical components to reduce unexpected breakdowns in the hot summer months.
- Identify any current (or potential) issues with your unit – During your AC tune-up with one of our trusted HVAC technicians, they will inspect all components and flag any required repairs and replacements during the service visit. This provides an awareness of issues and removes any surprise repairs in the future.
- Reduce energy costs – AC units that are properly maintained and running efficiently use less electricity – reducing utility bills.
- Increase the lifespan of the AC – With proper care, maintenance, fluid replenishment and tuning, the life span of your unit should be extended as your HVAC unit will run more efficiently.
- Avoid scheduling hassles during the peak summer season – Like temperatures in the summer, demand for air conditioning Service, repair, replacements, and installations rises significantly in the hotter months. We recommend getting your AC serviced in the cooler, spring months to ensure your AC is properly prepared for summer so you skip the long lead times that develop for service and replacements in the summer months.
Steps in an Annual AC Check-Up
When you schedule your annual AC Check-Up with Lantz’s Lakeside Plumbing & AC, one of our friendly licensed HVAC Technicians will conduct the following steps during their AC maintenance visit:
- Conduct a comprehensive inspection to identify soon-to-fail parts that could cause expensive and extensive damage to your unit
- Check the condenser/evaporator coil (clean if needed)
- Check the condensate drains and clean out (if required)
- Check refrigerant levels (if applicable)
- Check thermostat settings and test to ensure they are properly calibrated
- Check all electrical connections
- Inspect all air filters to see if they are clean and functioning properly
- Check all safety controls
- Evaluate Heating/Cooling cycles
Schedule your AC Check-Up Today!
With temperatures fluctuating dramatically in the Central Texas, it is important that your AC unit is in good working order to keep your property cool during the scorching hot summer! The licensed air conditioning experts at Lantz’s Lakeside Plumbing & AC can handle any cooling problem or issue you are dealing with quickly and professionally.
Whether you want to sign up for an Annual Preferred HVAC Membership, need a repair made on your thermostat, or need a new unit altogether – we can help! We offer licensed, professional HVAC technicians, quick service times, competitive pricing, flexible payment options and membership plans.
If you have a residential or commercial property in Lago Vista, Leander, Cedar Park, Jonestown, Lakeway, Austin, or surrounding areas and need an Annual AC Check-up or other HVAC-related service or repair, call us today at (512) 267-1188 or fill out a brief form.
TACLA-3825C, Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, 920 Colorado St, Austin TX (512) 463-6599
License #M-40190, Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners, 929 East 41st Street, Austin, TX (512) 936-5200